Protects the engine, oil pan and transmission from impacts when driving in poor conditions, for example on bumpy or potholed roads. Fully covering aluminum plate that also prevents impacts from loose stones.
The protective plate has undergone several tests to ensure durability in the event of more severe knocks and has been used by the Swedish police, without any reported problems. The plate does not create any noise and it is verified that the engine is correctly cooled.
Installation requires special tools, drill and rivet nut tool, for drilling out the car's existing holes and attaching the protective plate. See:- Rivet Nut Tool, 9512782 and Drill Bit, 9814112.
Facts and Advantages
- 5 mm (0.16 in), heavy duty, high strength aluminum plate
- Integrated air ducts for effective cooling of engine components.
- Installed via 7 mounting points in existing holes.
- Special tool required for drilling out the car's existing holes for attaching the protective plate.
- Material: Aluminium
- Accesory Weight: Approx. 8.0 kg
** Note! **
** Cannot be combined with "Electric engine heater" for the following engines: Diesel 4-cyl, 2.0. **
** Genuine Volvo Parts. **