Protects the engine, sump and gearbox from impacts when driving in poor conditions, such as rough or pot holed roads.
The engine, combined with the protective plate, is cooled correctly and the car's aerodynamic performance is not negatively affected.
Installation requires special tools, drill and rivet nut tool, for drilling out the car's existing holes and attaching the protective plate. See:- Rivet Nut Tool, 9512782 and Drill Bit, 9814112.
Facts and Advantages
- 4 mm strong high-strength aluminium, light weight and highly durable
- Installed in existing holes initially drilled
- Special tools (drill and rivet nut tool) are required for drilling out the car's existing holes, securing the rivet nuts and for attaching the protective plate
- Tested to ensure proper cooling of the engine as well as to minimally affect the aerodynamic properties
- Material: Aluminium, approx. 4 mm thick, Plastic (PP-GF29, PET)
- Colour: Untreated aluminium
- Accesory Weight: Approx. 8.0 kg
** Genuine Volvo Parts. **